Food safety in a restaurant can be a complicated and tiresome matter, but necessary for any restaurant to work properly under the food safety guidelines. Such an important task is simply too much for a single person. By having a food safety certified team in your restaurant you could work more efficiently , lower dramatically the risk of a customer falling ill of food poisoning, and fly through a routine inspection.
Food poisoning can be quite common, however it could turn to be a frightening, painful and sometimes lethal experience. People affected by a food borne disease may be symptom free or may have an array of symptoms ranging from mild intestinal discomfort to severe dehydration and bloody diarrhea . Depending on the level of infection, people can even die as a result of food poisoning.
If by any chance you experience any of these symptoms you should seek medical attention.
- Frequent episodes of vomiting and inability to keep liquids down.
- Bloody vomit or stools.
- Diarrhea for more than three days.
- Extreme pain or severe abdominal cramping.
- An oral temperature higher than 101.5 F (38.6 C)
- Signs or symptoms of dehydration – excessive thirst, dry mouth, little or no urination, severe weakness, dizziness, or lightheadedness.
- Neurological symptoms such as blurry vision, muscle weakness and tingling in the arms.
Food poisoning can be caused by the contamination of food , that can happen at any point during its production: growing, harvesting, processing, storing, shipping or preparing. Cross contamination is often a cause, because of raw or wrongfully prepared products.
With the help of a fully trained staff in food safety, you could avoid food poisoning. A certified person in food safety will be able to tell which product is contaminated and automatically discard it properly. Having a food safety certified restaurant team is very beneficial. Not only in the preparation of food , but also in the way all waste is disposed. This would make the day the health inspector comes to be quite a breeze.